Waffles are a classic breakfast and brunch that have become so popular because of their amazing crispy golden exterior with deep pockets for holding syrup and butter! It is easy to make from scratch and my family love to eat on weekends. Belgian waffles are crispy golden brown on the outside and fluffy on the side.Easy, simple and Healthy Breakfast or Brunch for your family.
Belgium Waffle Recipe
- Waffle iron
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose Flour*
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch*
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tsp Canola oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 tsp Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour *– this will give the waffles structure.
- Cornstarch – this helps make the waffles light and crisp.
- Baking powder and baking soda – use both types ofleavening ingredients since an acidic ingredient is added.
- Salt – this brings out the flavors in the waffles so they don’t taste bland.
- Buttermilk and milk – For Best results, use real Buttermilk.
- Canola oil – If you need light, fluffy and crispy waffles.
- Vanilla extract – this adds a good flavor to your waffles
- Eggs – here you’ll separate the yolks from the whites. This is done so those egg whites can be whipped up nice and fluffy to add volume and rise to the waffles
- Granulated sugar – I like to add for the flavor and make the waffles little brown on the outside.
- Pre-Heat your waffle iron plates and grease lightly with butter.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, Baking powder, Baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg whites separately with a beater until it gives you a peak form.Now mix the egg yolk with oil, Butter milk, Milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients. Now mix all the ingredients make sure not to over mix and the Batter should be lumpy.
- Scoop the batter into the pre-heated waffle iron and cook until waffles are golden brown and crispy.